Friday, November 14, 2008

This is MY house...wait I mean OUR house :)

First, can i just say "YAY its friday!!" Thank you! - Ok, on to the blog. Confession: This "our" thing is pretty tough. As the weeks pass, Alfie and I have been working on putting our home in order. (can you believe its already been 3 months!!) Only problem is what I like is often WAY different than what he likes.



I like....

traditional

neutrals

classic

timeless

quiet



He Likes....

crazy

bold

modern

busy

loud



This makes for decorating our home an interesting task. For example, just the other day we were FINALLY decorating a wall in the living room with a shelf (because we are having a whole bunch of guys over saturday who are going to honestly care if there is a shelf on the wall. mmmhmmm yes you feel me?!) Anyways I was cool with the shelf up and putting stuff that we have on if for now just to see what we like. Alfie, on the other hand, wanted to practically drill everything in place and never ever ever move it. LOL. Poor thing hasn't realized my crazy obsession with changing a room around. So ok i was able to convince him to let me think on things before we start drilling holes in the wall for stuff to hang. And ofcourse I came up with a better idea the next day. Which needless to say has not been implemented. Good/cost effective decorating takes time! He isn't quite sure of it but I think it will look better than what is there now. I always chuckle to myself as I wonder what the house would look like if i let him decorate as he wants. Although I do feel amazingly blessed that he likes to have an imput. So many guys could careless when their wife askes which color duvet to put on the bed. Alfie (as long as you catch him in the right mood) will think about it and answer (he chose red for this week). I am very blessed. I just struggle with having to incorporate enough of his stuff so that 1. he feels comfortable in his house, and 2. that he keeps giving me an input when i ask.


Confession: Alfie is as weird as I am. LOL yeah I know! Who woulda thought its possible. But anyways, yesterday alfie and I went to Kohls to do a bit of shopping (his giftcard was burning a hole in his pocket and so was my paycheck!) and we were in the home section way in the back looking at frames and they were playing Rihannas "Please Don't Stop the Music" (yes that is a totally rip off of MJ's Wanna Be Startin Something) when I started walk dancing in the aisle next thing you know alfie and I busted out the robot and were "roboting" to the song, right there in the middle of the aisle at Kohls. LOL that is what I love about him!

So enough of that. Whats up for this weekend??
Actually nothing for tonight. Probably just some cleaning for tomorrow, in which we are having people watch the UFC pay per view fight. Yeah I. am. so. excited.....can't you tell? But thats ok, cause I totally get to hangout with Sara for dinner and some quality Color Me Mine time! I can't wait. I think I am going to paint something christmassy for the house. And in the morning I am doing hair for my second set of sisters! Lauren and Shauna for a wedding they are going to! I haven't had a chance do do updos in forever, that I am really looking forward to it. Pluuus im getting a free breakfast out of it, because they loooove my work (and im doing it free..lol). So yes I am so ready for my weekend of YAY to start. I probably will leave work at 3 to enhance the YAY factor!!

Have a good weekend all!!

No comments: