Thursday, April 14, 2011

Double the Confessy goodness...

Yes, thats right, you get 2 confessions today! Love it!

Confession #1: Not many people know I blog.

Weird, cause to most people the point of a blog is to put it all out there and have people read about it. True for some, but not necessarily for me. I have been blogging since I was young, but in those days it was called journaling and we used a notebook and a pen. I have a box full of my old journals and I LOVE to look back on them and chuckle at the things I said and people I wrote about. And now I have moved up to the world of blogging and my blogs now remain true to the style of journaling from back in the day. I write like I speak and I write like there is a person right here. I use parentheses’ liberally and my spelling and grammar are loosely based on the correct process. Which is fine for me because A. I don’t care and B. I don't like to stop my train of thought to figure out if what I wrote is spelled correctly or flows correctly (I like to pretend it’s not that bad). I still do the old school journaling process for important things like my letters to Colton, or my very deep and very personal feelings. Those will always remain in a notebook, handwritten.(wow just got serious there for a sec...boo)

On to the fun stuff... I try to keep my bloggies upbeat and fun, or at least a true reflection of my mood. I do get serious and I do get sad, and I do write about those times. Two in fact come to mind... my pregnancy and my unemployment. Those were very emotional and very tough and I will admit I was veryyyyy candid in my blog. Because although I may struggle to find the words verbally, I have no trouble putting my feelings on paper. (wait, wasn't I supposed to be talking about the fun stuff??) Ok, on to the fun stuff, take 2!

Confession #2: I heart free food!
So can I just gush for a second on how great it is to get free food?!?! So at work for the past 2 days our customer has been in the building and we put on a large meeting to go over the progress of the program with them. So that means that there will be catered meals (gotta step it up for the customer right?) And although myself and the other analysts (cost and schedule) do not have to attend the meeting, we do get the "leftovers". Yeah ok that doesn’t sound nearly as good as it actually is. But bear with me.... Obviously we have to let the meeting attendees eat first, but we all wait at our cubicles like lil starving puppies, waiting for the "ohh there is plenty of food, go help yourselves" from the admin. And then rush the tables like it’s our last meal! And every time it’s something delicious! Tuesday = jerk chicken, twice baked potatoes, green beans with EVOO and feta, tiramisu and assorted cakes for dessert; Wednesday = pulled pork, coleslaw, Mac n cheese, cornbread, and an ice cream bar with 20+ toppings!!!! Today I was told it is manicotti, probably with some sort of garlic bread and salad. And that’s just lunch. They also serve them breakfast and coffee/soda ALL DAY, which means we can pretty much wander over and snag drinks ALL DAY. LOVE IT! It was nice when I was pregnant (probably aided in the 50lbs gained) because they would ALWAYS say "oh go grab some food" welll before they let anyone else :) Or sometimes I would just go, whether or not they okayed it cause really, who is going to say no to a hungry pregnant lady!? (preggers get away with EVERYTHING... that just may have to be tomorrows blog topic, cause seriously it’s unreal!) Yes, I know you are thinking NOOOO PLEASE SAY YOU DIDNT EAT THAT!! WHAT ABOUT 40 in 40!?? believe me, I ate it, and thought about how I was wrecking my 40 in 40 (which meant I felt guilty all afternoon). BUT IT WAS FREEE! and in my defense, with the exception of the ice cream, I didn’t go overboard on portions and didn’t indulge in dessert. It’s a good sign though that at least I am thinking about it, right??? Yeah we shall see how I do with today’s menu...oye!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amen to free food! I was thinking the same thing at work today as I had my choice of pumpkin cheesecake, plain cheesecake or cannoli cheesecake. Yesterday there was gazpacho. The day before that, cupcakes. I find it VERY difficult to turn down free food - especially dessert! You are a girl after my own heart.

Sarah said...

P.S. Check out my friends food and photography blog http://2eat2drink.com/
drool....