Friday, April 1, 2011

Put it on the list!!

Confession: I have a slighhht obsession with lists.

Ok by slight i mean CRAZY obsession. Making lists are my zen outlets. My scambled brain comes into focus and i instantly feel less overwhelmed, less cluttered and less frantic. It makes me feel like i have a plan... a path forward to get things accomplished. The down side to this is that my purse becomes OVERSIZED due to the random MS Excel (love it) lists or notebook full of grocery lists, daily menu ideas, weekly chore lists. Its full of the DIY lists, full of gift ideas or party planning help, or outfit ideas. Its like a bag full of paper! At this very moment i have 12...yes twelve "lists" in my notebook crammed into my purse. I know i get this little obsession with list from my mom. She is the queen of lists. Everything gets written down and then checked off the list when done. Its her key to her insane organization (and MAN is she one organized cookie!!) I enjoy the feeling of crossing off an item on the list. It feels like i have accomplished something. Like i am one step closer to the end goal.

Every day i make atleast one sort of list for myself and another separate list for work. Its kind of OCD, i guess. But it works. I am generally on task and hardly late on deadlines! I am a superb packer and rarely forget items or plans. Its quite the handy (although a bit messy) tidbit about me! My hope, is that as it is time to upgrade my phone, that this is where a smart phone would come in handy. I have dreams that there is a "list"app, that will maintain my lists upon lists and i can be done with the pages and pages i toss into my purse or fold and lay by my dresser or desk. I am hopeful that i can sync my calendar to alfies calendar and with the touch of a button plan and make lists to my hearts content! Is that sad, that that is my prerequesit for a phone??? Yes i know, but i am a simple gal (when it is NOT referring to clothes, jewelry or shoes).

Well now i can cross "write todays blog" off my list!!

No comments: