Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Its my blog, I'll complain if I want to....

Confession: Im in a funk today...

Boo, i know. I tried 3 times between today and yesterday to write a successful blog but no such luck. So todays will be lame...sorry. Maybe its the rain, or the lack of sunshine, or the fact that i havent had a chance to blow dry my hair...(probably the blow dry, it makes me cranky)! Whatever it is is pretty bumming. The fat free icing to the low fat cake is the fact that i am dieting and STARVING! I want real chicken wings. I want a real burger. I want lasagna and cheese, pizza, bread sticks, loaded fries and potato skins! But i have 2 i repeat 2 weddings this summer and am dead set on dropping enough weight to look like a skeleton walking down the aisle. And yes, in my mind a skeleton is dead sexy... (haha good one) Okay, new topic...

We are steps away from finishing the kitchen table!! Its looks soooo linda...as in que linda! Its the same white as the trim and doors in the kitchen and the seat covers have this adorable floral print pattern that highlights the gray in the walls. I can't wait to be finished with it, so we can start tiling the backsplash or painting the cabinets! :) The kitchen is going to look so pretty....feel free to be jealous...i wont hate you. After the kitchen its the half bath or maybe the fireplace room...decisions decisions!

So I am getting the "not enough time" blues. Working Mommas chime in.... how do you do it? I will gladly take suggestions, advice anything! How do you put in a 40+hour week and then go home and be the house wife, momma AND maintain your sanity? Obviously people do it, but HOW?!? I just feel like I can never get the things done that NEED to be done, like dishes, or cleaning or laundry or workout or shower.... not to mention the room full of unpacked items that have sat there since the move. man if only i had put in how may times i just sat here and sighed.... its the rain, im blaming this post on the rain.... :/

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Make a list of prioritized items then try to get one done per day or per week. Maybe have two lists as in daily stuff (i.e. dishes) and one as in weekly stuff (i.e. set aside time on Saturday to unpack 1 box). I am in the same boat as you though - don't let this advice fool you into thinking I am a super-mom whose house is always clean! LOL. I put cleaning as the last priority until we have people coming over. However, with my hubby's help things have been improving. He takes care of the dishes (most days) and I take care of the cooking (love the crockpot!) and weekly laundry (with the exception of cloth diapers, which get done every 2 days and we split who does those). I also make a list on the fridge when I am home for the day with what I want to get done, and it helps me stay on task.

Kimi said...

Thanks Ashley! I am a fan of lists, so its probably time to resurrect my white board and start listing away!!