Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I know, but its just easier this way...

Confession: Colton sleeps in our bed.

yes i know. I am breaking the rule listed in every Mommies 101 text book. But i dont care. Its works. I get sleep. And isnt that like the second most important thing these days?? the instant he wimpers because his pacifer fell out, all i have to do is roll over and pop it back in. I dont even have to open my eyes. Far cry from climbing out of bed, stumbling down the hall, searching in his crib and popping the paci back in then trying to slip back out the creaky door without really waking Colton up. Plus any parent who has had a stuffy baby knows that they choke occasionally on their mucus. And the sound of a choking baby from a room down the hall is the scariest sound on earth. Now i will admit that I don't sleep AS well with him in the bed, but i do sleep better than if he is in his crib. And while i don't get Alfie in bed with me (we trade off on who sleeps in the spare room and who gets C.) i get to wake up to a tiny grabby hand on my face and sometimes a drooly mouth slobbering on my nose but best yet is this adorable face right by my face, smiling and cooing. I love it!




My only wish is for a slighhhhtly larger bed so alfie could join too. I know, i know i know... "its gonna be hard to break him of this", "what about your marriage bed", "thats so weird" Yes, i get it, i know the cons of maintaining these sleeping arrangements BUT when he is fussy to fall asleep and you FINALLY get him down, and you have been laying in your bed so that you dont have to keep pacing his nursery and can actually take a few minutes off your feet, setting him down and laying beside him is a wonderful relief from the long day. PLUS when the alarm goes off at 5am (no joke it is set at 5am) and you need to get going and get ready, its easier to have him right there and try to keep him asleep so you dont have to feed or change him until you are done getting dressed, its worlds easier! As you can tell i am ALL about easy these days. Which is why today I look like a frumpy mother... Hair slicked back into my lazy pony tail because i chose to watch DWTS last night instead of blow drying my hair (the small joys) and then made my health conscious lunch (boo hiss) and did an EXTRA 15 minutes of zumba after my hour long class (yeah i know i had some crazy energy) so although i had a relaxing evening (C went with alf to his parents house, where he was super fussy...poor thing) i should have done my hair, but the luxery of a quiet night on the couch, is few and far between and you KNOW girl had to jump at that chance!! And im sure i will be cursing out this decision eventually (like when we attempt to put him back to his bed) but for now i will eat up the nights of snuggles and the slight scratches from his wolverine claws that hit my face in the middle of the night, and the way he eventually scoots my way until he is laying right beside me (i love it and melt every night). i will worry about putting him in his bed later. I can't promise that I wont complain about how hard that is, but go ahead, you can say "I TOLD YOU SO" when the time comes and rub it in.

No comments: