Friday, April 8, 2011

NA NA Na BOO BOO...

Confession: I got my co-worker in trouble.

First off, yes this is part of the friday tri-fecta. I was in a writting mood. So humor me ok?!

Ok, lets start from the beginning. There is the lady, we shall call her Sandy. Sandy was brought in from lets say NYC to help as a cost analyst on a very similar program to mine. So there are now 3 analyst spread across 2 programs I am on Project A, she is on Project B and our 3rd analyst lets call him Boris, splits half time between. Well Sandy is a bit high strung and anal about how things are done (thats the NYC way) and everyone else is very very laid back. Our business managaer on the project, lets call him Bernie, had worked with Sandy in NYC on another program and knew she was a very hard worker, so requested her to come be part of the team up here (BIG mistake. i think daily he is regretting that mistake) but anyways so there have been quite a few personality conflicts with Sandy and the rest of the team and I had been flying safely under her nasty radar. Until "the event". So Bernie had asked me to figure out a way to better track the people charging the project and flag new chargers. It took me a few tries but I was able to work with my best buddy MS Excel and come up with a snazzy template to do this. (Bernie's cubicle is right next to Sandys) So after i showed Bernie, he said "Great, show Sandy, so she can implement it on this project" okay no biggie. So i turned to her cubicle, as Bernie got up and headed away from his desk, and said "Hey Sandy, i got more work for ya. haha" jokingly. With her head down and furioously typing over the keyboard she does not acknowledge my presence, nor does she tell me she was busy and to come back. Instead she lifts her hand and puts it up like a "stop" and then does it again. Obviously i knew that meant to leave her alone, and i pissedly (not a word) said "uhhh ok" and walked away.I sat at my desk thinking of all the things i should have said and if smacking a biotch would get me fired. I didnt mention anything to anyone that day and i sat fuming for a good hour at my desk. Then finally the following week at our team lunch, which Sandy thankfully did not attend. I brought up what she did and Bernie was appauled. I thought it ended there. NOPE. That friday, someone else mentioned that Bernie had said something to them about it. And they were pissed that Sandy would treat me this way. Well Bernie came up to me and said that my supervisor is aware of what she did and then someone (either Bernie or her supervisor) mentioned it to her. And low and behold, Sandy just swooped on by to apologize. I graciously thanked her for apologizing and then changed the subject, cause i had been over it an hour (ok a week) after it happened. It was not my intention to get her introuble with her supervisor, but at the same time, who treats someone so rudely? Atleast have the common curtisy to turn to me and say "im sorry i am swamped right now, can you show me later?" I get being busy! But i do not get how people can be that rude. Sadly for her thats one more strike against her in the eyes of the entire team... especially when you mess with this lil Lamb (me).

No comments: