Tuesday, November 18, 2008

King Of Pop

Confession: I love Michael Jackson.




To me he is the greatest artist of all time, and fully deserves to be called "The King of Pop". You will rarely hear me say negative things about him and yes, I am one who does not believe he did anything harmful to children. Sadly he is just a bit different than people are used to and growing up in the public eye may have done more harm than good for Michael (yeah we are on a first name basis). But today I just have to say... " Seriously Michael?" Why does he ALWAYS have to be in the headlines for something retarded. Why can't people just leave him alone. and WHY can't he fricken do a show in Vegas!! lol YES i know wouldn't that be awesome! I already told alfie if he ever does a show in vegas I. AM. GOING. lol i would pay up to $1000 for a ticket to see his show, thats how much I love his music and his artisty.



I mean homeboy made history all in one night, one show by debuing his new sound with Billie Jean AND by doing the moon walk. Artists today have all been molded from the King of Pop.... Justin Timberlake, Usher, Chris Brown... all use his iconic dance moves and high pitched voice in many of their tracks, yet its amazing how few pay homage to their influence. Artists even go as far as using his actual beats in their music, like Rihanna's Please don't stop the music (it is originally MJ's Wanna be starting something). Even the concept of music videos became popular after his legenary "Thiller" video. On top of that his album Thriller, still holds the Guiness World Record for top selling album in history. YEAH WHAT?!? lol Yet people are so quick to hate on this amazing artist. I am a ginormous fan of his work and yeah he is a lil crazy and off at times, but who isn't. I for one would STILL LOVE to meet him. I would totally be one of those screaming/fainting/crying girls they used to show on tv at his concerts, and yes, the day he dies I will definitely mourn. I still remember where I was when I heard them say he was found not guilty on the child molestation charges. (I was getting off at the Rt. 250 exit in webster) I also got quite a few phone calls informing me. I am pretty sure I almost cried...lol. And no worries, pretty much my best friend thinks he is a child molestor, and I still love her, so no fear, your MJ preference doesn't bother me :)

Lauren..these are for you:


What do MJ and KMart have in common?....Little Boys pants half off!


How does MJ know when its time for bed?.....When the little hand touches the big hand.


How do you know when MJ has company?....There are Big Wheels in the driveway.

1 comment:

Nate and Emily Miller said...

oh man...there he is...the man, the myth, the legend! P.S. What do Michael Jackson and K-Mart have in common???...little boys pants half off :) yessssssssssssss