Monday, November 3, 2008

Its begining to look a lot like Christmasssss....

Can you believe its November already??? WOW talk about the months flying by! But its finally almost "tis the season" time. Confession: Im actually feeling the spirit of christmas this year!! yeah i know you are probably like "WHAT?? who are you? the grinch?" Noo its not that I don't like christmas but some of the hoopla does get on my nerves... like the excessive christmas music. Do we HAVE to play the same 10 songs over and over from Thanksgiving til new years? or how about the Crazy decor of tinsle, ribbon, ornaments, reindeer and the like. Don't get me wrong I generally enjoy all that for a few days but come on they ALREADY decorated the mall! Let us enjoy the beautiful harvest time before all the christmas decorations. I haven't even gotten a chance to hate pumpkins and leaves yet!! But this year is different! I am looking forward to christmas (minus the snow). Maybe its cause I get to decorate the house MY way and shop for lil "tis the season" knick-knacks. And get to have christmas music playing and my very own little christmas tree! I am VERY much into christmas this year. Alfie ofcourse is VERY much into christmas every year. AND for the very first time since dating Alfie, I will FINALLY accompany him to the christmas eve service! Every year he has asked me to go and every year I have been guilted by mother into going to the family christmas get-to-gether. But this year I have already said I would go and am hoping to offer my assistance to the Christmas play (HAHA don't worry folk, I won't be singing nor acting. my talents must be used elsewhere). I am looking forward to having the house all Christmassed out! I even contimplated how fun it would be to have a Christmas party! But I think we are going to do a dressy New years Extravaganza instead. I haven't decided if we want to do a small formal dinner or a Large bring a "fancy" dish to pass and get all dressed up party. We will see. Probably the more the merrier! But ONLY if people dress up! No jeans, no sweats.... cocktail attire. Sport coats and khakis or dress pants and dresses or skirts or pantsuits for the ladies. I think it will be fun, a nice reason to dress up!

No comments: