Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hi! Wanna be friends?!

Confession: X (the company I work for) is full of old people. Now don't get me wrong, old people are nice if you want sympathy or to be taken care of but when you want friends.... old people just don't cut it all the time. So in my quest to find people MY age, I have found 3: The cleaner who picks up my trash... nice guy to shoot the breeze with in the morning. Then there is the other cleaning girl but she is really quiet and then there is the New Girl!! I have seen her in the hall a few times and initially thought she was a cleaner but then noticed she never had the tell tale garbage or mopp with her. Hmmm what does she doooo? Well today in my inbox i had a meeting update adding someone new to a bi-monthly meeting. At the bottom it said "Sally Kay" added to meeting notice (name changed to protect identity). So nosey me looked her up in the directory and YAY! its the young girl!!! (by young i mean my age!) Now tell me how sad it is that that is clearly the highlight off my day? I plan to make her a friend. it really is no fun spending 40hrs a week with your parents. Some I will admit are cool and you can totally hang with but others are just soooo blah. i find it problematic if they have children my age. It makes me feel like loser plus its just way hard to relate. Especially when its the "what did you do over the weekend?" conversation. They respond with "well i drove lil bobby to basketball then picked up suzy from college for the weekend" and your weekend was "hung out with friends at a party, went to a bar, etc." but PTL I have found a friend!! lol yes that sounds so loser ish, but seriously.....SERIOUSLY. So my goal is to make her a buddy. Is that stalkerish? it feels like it!

Confession: X gave me free tickets! yes thats right I won free tickets to the nutcracker! YAAY. I have only been waiting to see this since I took dance in 4th grade. Evvvvvery year mom said she would take me and EVvvvvvery year she never did. Well anyways i saw the drawing for the tickets and put my name in the bin 4 times in an effort to snag the convetted prize. I guess persistance pays off! So alfie and I and another lovely couple are going and doing it up! We are going to a nice dinner at Black and Blue and dressing up. I already know what I am going to wear! Alfie just got me this black very Jackie O looking dress (i was there he just insisted I get it and paid for it) it was only $15 but it has white around the collar and the two pockets. Anyways that should be a very fun time!

No comments: