Wednesday, September 17, 2008

She stuck in her thumb, and pulled out a hot swollen mess!

Yeah so it all started with a hangnail. Actually no maybe it wasn't even a hangnail, it was more like a rough piece of skin close to the nail and it was driving me crazy so i pulled at it. Then it became a hangnail. No biggie right? Except instead of just one small pull at this hangnail, i ripped the skin halfway down the side of my thumb nail. So then it bled a little and then started oozing and scabbing as it "healed" then i picked at the "crusty" stuff. That my friends is when I think it became infected. So now its this slightly swollen, crusty, oozy pocket on the side of my left thumb. And it hurts like a mo-fo. I can feel it pulsing, its nasty. The bad thing is that I don't have any antibiotic stuff to put on it at the house cause duh yeah we just moved in, so its just getting more infected. Confession: I just can't stop poking at it. Like to see if it still hurts even though I clearly know it does. I just pushed my thumb against the desk, just to check and make sure and HELLO it still hurt. Plus the reason it got infected in the first place is cause I can't keep my fingers from ripping off the crusty scab. I'm bad, I know.

OOO so I just got my hair highlighted!! I look like a FAB-U-LOUSSSS version of myself now with these snazzy red and dark brown strands in my hair! If I ihad taken a picture of myself I would post one but since I didn't, you'll just have to wait or come see me! The only downfall is that I tend to like to match things and I now have to make the concious effort not to attempt to match my hair to my outfit. Its bad....I kept picking out red to wear to work today! But I am sure I will get used to it!

No comments: