Thursday, September 4, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new!

So yesterday I got rid of something that I have had for about 4ish years...my fake nails :( WHAT?? yeah i know, they were sooo me! But i think its time to put them to rest and bring on the snazzy red short nails I am currently sporting (very LC from the Hills). I was sitting at my desk yesterday debating on getting a fill when I just kept thinking, "i should go short, maybe get rid of these things" then the rest of the afternoon i was itching to bite them off (yes its possible, thats how i removed them last time lol) Anyways, I couldn't bear to go to my usual nail place, Lovely Nails, to get them removed cause I didn't want to be talked back into getting them, so I opted to try Fancy Nail via reference from Lauren and get a manicure while I was there so my nails wouldn't look so snaggle. In short, i love my bright red nails and am looking forward to my next change...dum dum dum.... my hair ! lol no no no nothing drastic, just gotta update my look so I don't have the same style/cut as in HS, which is what I am currently rocking. And no I will not be getting the Rihanna/Victoria Beckham/everyone and their momma hair cut. You know what im talking about, the bob with the wedge cut in the back. Newlywed confession: I'd LOVE to be able to do something drastic! You know like change my hair color totally or get it chopped off into something cute! Unfortunately i don't have the balls to do it, or maybe I have had so many BAD hair cuts that I don't trust anyone to pick something good out that really fits me. So maybe next time you all see me I will have a slammin' (do people still use that word?) style!

Ahh its almost the weekend! Alfie and I have our first "trip" together! We are going camping! Hahaha yeah no thats not a joke, although some may think so after my first attempts at camping. This time we are going for Josh and Robins bachelor/ette thingy. It will be out somewhere (dude i don't know camping places) but thankfully in a cabin with running water and such. So more like rustic living instead of camping - this I can do! Another confession: I don't know if camping is my thing. I am much more of a pool/beach lounger than a nature/hiker/wilderness kinda gal. I don't enjoy dirt nor bugs nor cleaning up after myself. The point of a vacation is to not have to do a lot (like cook or clean or make my bed). Its tough enough for me to plan what I am going to wear for a week vacation without having to plan what I want to eat everyday too and then pack for it. Maybe if I keep going I will learn to enjoy it. Im optimistic.

Yesterday I stopped at the Spirit store in the wegmans plaza to kill sometime and just wandered around trying to figure out what I would like to be for Halloween. This year alfie will be going to a concert with his brothers so I have to weigh my options... there is always church to see the neices and nephews all dressed up, OR out with the girls since it lands on a friday OR over to Ben and Christys to help hand stuff out! That is my top choice, for one reason... to see Harry Potter. More importantly to see CHRISTY as Harry Potter! LOL i know it! hilarious. We were discussing her costume yesterday. She has the robe (ie our graduating gown), dad has a million of those striped ties, she just needs the glasses, a wand, and a wig!! I told her Ben should then be Herminie, she didnt think he'd go for it. Anyways, that begs the question...what should I be?? I can always go the traditional female route and be a skanky something. Or maybe Barbie, a bride and wear my dress again?? lol Hit me with your suggestions!

No comments: