Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wait, Im supposed to like blogging right?

HOLY CRAP!! can i just vent about how non-user friendly this bloggin thing is? I have tried for the past hour (yeah I shoulda been working) to attempt to change my template to something snazzy. Instead as you can see, frusteration has won out and i am settling on this plain, although chic (black is always chic) background. Yeah ok I guess it will do :)Last night Alfie and I had dinner out with our ever-fun-foursome: Josh and Robin and Luke and Heather at Rio Bamba on Alexander street. Josh used to work there so he knew the headchef and wanted to do a tasting. Well we all ended up doing a tasting which was amazing! A tasting (for those like me who didn't know what it is) is like on Top chef where they do a bunch of courses but in mini 1-2 bite portions. So it started out with the appetizer of mozzerella and tomato salad, then came the ahi tuna with miso broth and soba noodles, then shrimp, bean and spinach followed by veal and ending with a strawberry icecream filled pastry puff. Yum-O. We all definitely left there feeling nice and full! Newlywed confession: I totally love food. No joke, you name it, I would probably try it once. The only food i HATE... brussle sprouts. ICK they are so nasty, all looking like baby cabbage heads. gross. Needless to say the guys were impressed by my eating skills (i totalled kicked the guys butts with finishing the courses first or second)

Anyways.... thank the Lord for long weekends! Considering I just got back from a week long honeymoon, I am more than ready for a few days of sleeping in and doing laundry (much needed) and cleaning the house! Not that I am looking forward to them, it will just be nice when those things get done. I hate having a messy house. :) My big surprise for the weekend was letting Alfie get his new flat screen TV. He has been begging/bugging/hinting/whining about getting a new tv but me being the wonderful pennypincher that I can be has been saying no. I figured certain things take priority (like a bed and some furniture...lol)! But anyways, with the wonderfully generous gifts from the wedding I figured we could treat ourselves to something special, something that will last for a looooooong time (it better!), something like a TV.Well I guess its back to work for me now... 1 more hour :)

No comments: