Wednesday, September 3, 2008

CAN I GET A YEEEE HAWWWW???

Yess sirreee ya'll. I jest beeaaan to see that their coutnry baynd called Rascal Flatts!! Ok enough of that country talk! Yep my labor day weekend was great! It began with cleaning...a whole lot of cleaning! Alfie and I hadn't officially done all the laundry from the honeymoon, nor cleaned the house up so thats what my saturday morning consisted of. Laundry and vacuuming and tackling the NASTY grit and grime that accummulates in a home when a guy lives there alone. A womans cleanly touch was fo-sho needed! But I made myself a mango mojito to help speed up the enjoyment process (it was yummy)! I felt very productive that day, much unlike monday where we just slept around all day inwardly boo-ing the fact that work began again on tuesday! But thats ok cause saturday night we had purchased a new baby for Alfie. And by baby I mean a 46inch LCD flat screen. It really is pretty sweet and football season may not be that bad this year :)


The high point of the weekend worth noting or rather blogging about was my first Rascal Flatts concert with Tut and Lor!


Now I am not a HUGE RF fan but I do enjoy country music and concerts in general. I mean seriously, anywhere where there are lots of people, loud music and friends is ALWAYS gonna end up being a good time. Throw in some rowdy, drunk, hoochy older women and rowdy, drunk, cowboyed-out old men and you can count on some serious entertainment! Newlywed confession: I totally get a kick out of drunk adults. Especially the older women. They revert to being 21 again and flirting with everyone and grinding on their old men dates and saying whatever the heck they want to HAHAHA i love it, it makes me laugh. Well this concert had all of the above, not to mention it was at the NYS fair so there was food up the wazoo and these UNBELIEVABLY yummy wine slushies (no joke I totally coulda had like 50 of them! Instead I only had one) AND these 2 foot fried dough sticks (de-lic-ous). Anyways, back to the concert, we had pretty good seats off to the left of the stage, but the grrrr moment came when these people 3 rows in front of us started getting upset that they couldn't see because the young girls in front of them (and the people in front of them and so on) were standing up and they were sitting down. Hmmm logic would tell me... STAND THE F UP!! lol right? well no they took the other route and yelled at the girls to sit down. stupid old people who shouldn't be coming to a concert. This was all going on during the Taylor Swift concert (who is adorable by the way, and FYI - im jealous of her hair) so maybe the old people weren't big fans of Taylor. Well no joke this went on for like 20 mins, the girls standing up and the dude and his wife grumbling to the row in front of them that the girls needed to sit. Mind you if the girls sat they wouldn't be able to see. Plus they payed the same amount for their ticket, and they have every right to stand an cheer for her. moral of the story is that you are wayyy too old to be there if you are forcing people to sit at a concert. Go home and go to bed gramps! But overall the concert was fun!! And I have been dreaming of those darn wine slushies since sunday night, I am going to attempt to make them. Maybe tonite??

No comments: