Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sleep...where have you gone old friend

Unfortunately I have never been one who has sleep come easy. Im not like Christy, who can sleep anywhere and everywhere, sitting up, laying down, during a movie, in the car, in the middle of the afternoon. Nope not me. I need to be laying down, in the dark. Pitch black preferably. With a fan going or some light music to distract me enough to fall asleep. Confession: I have this knack for picking out repetative noises and then fixating on them until I get driven crazy! Tapping, heavy breathing, even that stupid whistling noise peoples noses do sometimes. Yeah it will drive me crazy and then piss me off. Where was I going with this? OH yeah sleep. So anyways the past few nights have been TERRIBLE for me trying to sleep. Now remember I went from sleeping ALLLLL by myself in a twin bed (limited movement) to sleeping with Alfie who moves like he is fighting someone, he tosses and turns every few minutes. So yeah major thing to get used to. Now to make matters more difficult, add in a heavy down comforter. mmmmhmmm yes you can see where i am going. Take one rampant mover and one heavy comforter and you get one freezing kimi with NO BLANKET! So in order to stay warm, everytime Alfie rolls around, I grab the edge of my side and YANK my side of the comforter out from under him. The funny part is that our bed in a queen size but I like extra blankets so I registered us for a King size down comforter which means there is a lot more room on the sides. Sadly the only thing that gets warm with this extra blanket space is the stupid floor on Alfies side! GRR. So tonite I am going to attempt something new.... I am going to bring my own blanket to bed. Although I fully expect to wake up at 3am with Alfie attempting to use my blanket because he has rolled the comforter to the floor! Just you wait!!! On top of this add in one effing cat. WHAT? i love cats how can a cat be the problem?!?! Weeeelll this isn't my baby Bo. this is the DEVIL cat named NELLY. She meows ALLLLL the time and gets all in your biznazzz. No joke. OH and get this, Alfie loves her so i can't in good conscience leave the front door open in hopes that she "goes for a walk"! Nelly and I had an "incident"one night and Alfie believes that I did physical harm to Nelly....lol i wish haha jk....but no I didn't touch her I just yelled and she flewwww out of the room. but if you ask him, he swears up and down that I did something....pshhh not me!! :P So add all this stuff up, the blanket stealing, the stupid cat, the tossing and turning and you get me...extra extra grumpy!! One would think it would be super easy to get used to sleeping with your spouse. I mean duh isn't that one of the marriage perks?? lol I am just super thankful that my wonderful husband does NOT SNORE. OMG that would be awful. AWFUL!!!

This weekend is going to be JAM PACKED! Friday Alfie and I am going to a Wine Party! Im excited because I enjoy wine and we get to try different kinds! And then saturday I am going to Christys for a small thingy. Anyways, I decided to bring a dish to pass OTHER than my traditional veggie platter (come on nothing beats healthy!). So i am going to attempt a bread bowl!! YUM. Although because I am going to 2 partys I am going to make 2 different kinds and then instead of taking one to one party and the other to the other, I am going to share the wealth and take half of each to both parties, just not in the tradtional scoop out the center of the bread bowl. Ill be more efficient and just put the dips in regular bowls and the bread on a cute platter. Take that Martha Stewart!

On the down side of the weekend, Alfies g-pa died last saturday and the memorial service is this saturday :( I am not a fan of funerals, not that anyone is, but I just always end up crying, regardless of how well i knew them. Plus i think its that time of the month...ladies you know what I mean... Just yesterday I was watching Ellen and she gave 10k to this little girl for when she gets older for college and I started crying....loser, I know. I think i have the gift of empathy, I think I am pretty good at feeling what people should be feeling or are feeling. Either that or I don't like seeing people cry alone. EVERYONE should have someone else cry with them. So yeah Ill prob be crying because I am positive Alfie won't and its always sad to know that someone lost a father, friend or grandparent. So i will probably be crying for them.

Happy weekend ALL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, if the private blanket doesn't work you could try a sleeping bag. No way he's going to pull that away from you :)