Friday, May 6, 2011

Yo Momma....

Confession: Its my first mothers day!!

Happy mother's day to ME! yes thats right! Shower me with diamonds flowers and candy strawberries and champagne hugs gallore! Any holiday which celebrates me is okay in my book. Being the precise gift reciever that I am (meaning i don't generally like surprises, since i am kinda on the picky side of stuff) I got to pick out my actual mother's day gift, although the idea was all Alfie inspired. I got a "pandora" (in quotes cause its from Kay's not the REAL pandora, but i'm too cheap to waste money on the real thing, and I call it a pandora so people know what i am talking about). I was tossing back and forth about actually getting one... i didn't want to jump on the pandora bandwagon because they are the "it" thing and it seemed everyone and their mother had one. but we went in, and i tried it on, and i fell in love. So i's got me one (yes, i am THAT ghetto)!! Although, this will not be just any pandora, with beads chosen all willy nilly. Nope, mine will be ONLY black and white. the only color on it will be Colton's birthstone (which boo... is pink). So i have 2 beads and one birthstone thingy on it right now. And i can just imagine how adorable it will look in a few holidays :) (hint hint to family who read this...feel free to shower me with sparkly beady goodness...but only in black and white). I chose black and white because its nice and classic and in 10 years when pandoras are not the "it" thing, it will still look nice and i will have a snazzy piece 'o' jewelry to wear. Plus i wear a lot of black, so it will match well with 80% of my wardrobe...BONUS!

No huge mothers day plans for me...just doing some mother hopping (ie. visiting my mom, christy first, then leigh and cristen second), and no huge mothers day feast for me...probably something to promote my new health kick.

Sidenote: Can i just mention what alfie made for dinner last night.... hot dogs (my favorite) and freakin LOADED FRENCH FRIES WITH CHEESE AND BACON!! yeah i know, right.... but atleast he got me wheat buns, to make it somewhat healthy, and de-loaded the 5 fries I allowed myself... it took my entire being not to eat his whole pan while he was out grilling and then blame it on Nelly, or a ghost, or my alter ego Yolanda (remind me to blog on her some day...she is a BLAST and a half!!). but i refrained and then drowned my sorrows in a bag of "crack" (aka cadbury chocolate eggs) and a tall glass of Orange calories juice.

Anyways, back to mothers day. No big hoopla here. Just a casual afternoon... Although if someone would LIKE to make some hoopla in the morning (wait that sounds naughty...i meant plans) they may do the following... let me sleep in, watch Colton, and clean the house. Thats it. simple. easy peasy.

Ok, i know this was a lame post, but its Friday afternoon...there isnt much thinking ability left in this working momma. All my brain follicles (not what they are called but sounds good) are put to baby care and work, so whats left are poo bits of an intellect. Hmm weird way to end, but on that note...

Happy Weekend, and Happy Mommas Day!

No comments: