Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lets Dance!

Confession:I am not a ho, i just dance like one.

Those who have seen me dance, know this to be true. And especially those that have seen me Zumba, REALLY know this to be true. And for those few folks who live under a rock and do not know what Zumba is, it is a very high intensity form of Latin cardio. The wonderful thing about is that although it is high intensity, you can make it whatever intensity you can do, AND it doesnt feel like a work out. It feels like an hour spent dancing. Believe me. That's the first thing people always say, "what? its the cool down already?!" So i just finished my first session (after quite a few months off) through the town parks and recreation, and ambitious me (and Christy and Shauna) signed up to do not only once a week but wait for it.... TWICE a week. Lord help us!! Now there is certainly a benefit to going with them, they can keep me accountable and force me to go when i am tired and would consider ditching, AND they provides loads of chuckles as they make fun of my stripper zumba moves. I can't help it. My hips and booty have a life of their own. I LOVE dancing, any kind (except slow dance...boo...so boring). Throw in loud, bass pumping, hip hop or Latin moves and home girl gets DOWN. Like really gets down...booty poppin, solo grinding, pursed lips, bobbing head...yeah for a good hour i am in a club, tearin.it.up...wait, we are in a gymnasium?? Noooo and there are 30 other people in there NOT club grinding??? FOR REAL?? uhh ohh! lol But honestly I really don't care. And i am sure people laugh at me thinking "doesn't she know this is a workout and not a club...whatta ho bag!" Haha, but that's OK, because i know if they are home by themselves they would dance like i do AND you get 10xs more the workout when you tear it up AND it is soooooo much more fun when you don't try to hold back and just go with the music. I do find i am much less ho-ey at weddings though (so brides breathe a sigh of relief. I wont give Grampa Joe a heart attack). Duh, for obvious reasons...people are sitting around just watching. And a lot of those peepers are older folks who would not appreciate the quality moves i am rockin'. I am not a fan of the younger peepers, those folks who don't get up and dance, but instead just sit and watch and laugh. With friends, i make it a rule NOT to make fun of people who get up and dance... why? because HEY they are at least getting up and moving. Good for them. I never quite understand why people don't like to dance? I am quite sure my skills aren't that great, but who cares, its just FUN!! So next time there is music and people dance.... then get up and shake yo tail feather, cause you know i will be! BUT if you REALLY want a good time (and want to see me ho-dance),then you have to zumba with me (or go to a club... something about the dim lights, loud music and cramped space brings out the 18 yr old in me), cause i promise you will LOVE it!!

No comments: