Monday, May 2, 2011

Closet Party Planner...

Confession: If you mention you are planning a party, there is a pretty good chance that by the time the event comes around, I would have planned my version of your event in my head.

HUH? let me explain. I'm kind of crazy when it comes to events and planning (remember my list obsession??). What this means is that when you mention "oh i have to plan a birthday party" my mind takes it and literally runs with it! I will plan what I think reminds me of that person, or essentially MY version of your event. I think of who i would invite, what the theme should be (yes, every good party has a theme, even its just colors), what food I would do, and what kind of decor I would have. The down side to this is the unneeded mental work. Why, i do this, i am not sure but it certainly drives me crazy as I really DON'T need to be planning someone else's event that they are clearly already doing themselves (whew, i get tired just thinking about it?) AND it sets me up for disappointment when it turns out NOTHING like i planned...(lol and why would it?!?!) and it then makes me sliiiightly judgmental (meanie alert...i know, i know, slap my hand in retribution, but at least i keep my mouth shut about it!!). And although it has its craziness, it keeps me creative and keeps me storing up ideas for the next birthday, wedding shower or baby shower that i get to plan. My latest party planning OBSESSIONS are balloons. To me nothing screams PAR-TAY like balloons. And nothing crazy, just nice old school, simple balloons. I mean, come on... how adorable does a table look with 2 full balloon displays (in your events colors) on either side?? SUPER ADORABLE that's how! I think they are the underestimated event decor, and you can bet that for Coltys birthday, there will be a bazillion and one balloons!! Especially because nothing screams choking hazard at a first birthday like balloons do!! (lol jk, i will be very cautious, i promise.) Anyways, i even go to the next step and plan table scape's for these "pseudo" events, and yes even favors I know...I'm CRAZY. But hey think of this as a perk for you...there you are struggling to plan your shin-dig all by your lonesome, when all you have to do is say "Hey Kimi, I am throwing this party...." and WHAM instant help! of course i will pretend i haven't been planning anything from the get go, and i even swear i wont bombard you with my handy dandy Note-Book (yeah that's right i watch Blues Clues)... but you will have the benefit of one crazy planner and at least my humor will keep YOU from killing ME in the process and maybe, just maybe, we will throw a SLAMMIN' party that everyone will enjoy! :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Wow! This is a confession that even I didn't know :) I am interested to hear what you think Maddie's first birthday should look like since you are all set with Colty's :)