Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Merry Christmas

Confession: I am getting a root canal. Is that even allowed at our age? I know I know, im not 12 and its bound to happen as I get older but seriously... SERIOUSLY! I shoulda just told the dentist to pull it out. I don't need a cute looking tooth. I can do without. So yeah this must totally just be "my" year. Surgery in March, root canal in december. wonderful. but just for giggles ill tell you whyyy i went in to the dentist. I have an abcess. YUM. think of a giant swollen mass ooozing with warm yellow pus! mmmm (its not oozing at all but it sounds nasty doesn't it!?!) It is on my upper right side of my gum. Its HUGE! In touching it it spans almost 3 teeth. and when I push on it there is this mixture of relief and discomfort. Thankfully it has not gotten to the OH CRAP stage where it hurts and you have to go to medical emergency and half your face swells (yeah that happened to Dad...I clearly got his teeth). But I could tell something was wrong when I would sniff and it felt like there was a chunk of something stuffed between my gum and cheek/upper lip. I let it go for mmm 4wks maybe more but today I just couldn't take it. An odd way to describe it is that it feels tight like there is something in the middle of my tooth that is pushing on tthe sides of the tooth. So i stopped into the dentist. (this is the 3rd time I have been there for this same tooth! you'd think with all the darn X-rays they took they could tell the tooth was freaking rotting! come on!) They are putting me on antibiotics for the swelling and decaying. Overall Im estimating a heafty bill of $900-$1000. Be jealous! Cause don't you think I am special?! lol Actually i really just crave your pity and a new set of teeth. Im totally swearing off soda!! Im done with the stuff. its the only thing I drink and its GOT to be the reason I have such terrible teeth problems. OYE!!

No comments: