Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday :)

Confession: I did it. I braved the chaos that is black friday. And I loved it!!! OMG it was awesome! Ok so first off thursday Alfie and I went to my house for dinner and we discussed where were all wanted to head out to. The consensus was to hit "the plaza" aka Kohls, Target, Old Navy, etc. right there in webster. We planned it like this: Kohls opened first at 4am, then Old Navy at 5am then finish off with Target at 6am. I wanted to get a GPS unit, christy wanted to get a camera, and then we all wanted the various DVD and clothing bargains that were literally dirt cheap. So after dinner alfie and I had to head to his parents for dessert and games. We finally headed to our house at around midnight and stopped to grab a newspaper so we could realllllllly look through and grab coupons, and list where we wanted to go. We finally went to bed around 1am. Nice. I had my alarm set for 3:15. When it finally went off it was like christmas! that rush you get where even though you know you should be exhausted, you are awake and excited...yeah that was me! So i nudged alfie and told him time to get up and he rolled over. I got up and started getting ready. This time when I told alfie it was time to go, he replied with "umm yeah I think i am just going to stay in bed" PUNK! Talk about totally flaking out. Oh well. I left anyways! On the drive there, I gave both mom and christy a call and neither answered. I was starting to get annoyed at the thought that EVERYONE was punking out on me. But oh well. So i drove into the plaza parkinglot expecting a few cars, whatever. HECK NO....it was UN...REAL! The parking lot was full in front of kohls and all the way out to the first parking lot when you turn into the plaza (the one that everyone races through to cut over to target). So I parked and it was about 10mins to 4am. I waited in this crazy line for 10 mins in only my sweater and scarf (i didn't want to lug my coat around). And then the gates of shopping heaven opened. people didn't run as I was expecting, everyone was nice and just kind of walked right in. hmmm ok kind of a let down but whatever. I booked it in, doing my speed walk and grabbed a shopping bag. I grabbed my 1st pass GPS unit then susans gift, then a pair of "ugg" boots and headed into line. The line took about 10 mins to cash out....not too bad. Ok one store down 2 to go. By then mom had called me, saying her and christy and susan were up and heading to Old Navy to get jeans for $8-$14. can't beat that! So I headed over there to wait with them. In talking I realized there was really nothing I needed here at Old Navy so since christy reallllllly wanted the camera I would go over there and wait in line for her! So i headed over to Target. This was around 4:50. The line was to the left (as you face the store) all the way to the end of the starbucks seating area with the glass windows. So I am standing there chatting with the people in line and the girl behind me is telling us about the GPS units Target has and how she was going to get the one at Kohls (which I got) but her computer and electonice savy sister said the one at target was WAYYYY better, so Ok im sold, Ill get the one at Target and return the Kohls one. No biggie. By about 5:20 mom, christy and susan joined us in line and we all waited together til they opened. We plotted who was going for what, and how many to grab for ourselves and our new friends in line. Christy and susan were booking it to the back for the camera and me and mom were headed to the jewelry counter where the GPS units were. 6am hit and THIS was the pandamonium I was looking for. People cutting from the back and running to the front. Us yelling people were cutting!! People running to the back of the store to get their prized purchase! Susan was the legs for christy, by the time christy got to the back of the store susan was already in line... way to go snatty! I was second in line to get the GPS units I wanted and our friends from the line outside were 3rd and 4th!

After I got my GPS, I headed to the back electronic section to look at the DVDS and GOOD LORD it was crazy back there!! Everyone trying to get a Wii or Xbox or camera all had to wait in the same line. I just went to the DVDs instead of the electronics. They had all 6 seasons of sex and the city for $8 each!! normally they are 24.99!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! so i grab one of each season :) Merry christmas to me! But it was just the experience of going through what you imagine Black friday morning crowds to be like, that made it well worth it. By 6:16 both christy and I were cashed out and in front of the store! 1hr waiting, 16 mins of shopping...crazy.Then I headed back to kohls to return the first GPS and then to Old Navy to look around and then headed home to go to bed. Christy and mom kept the shopping up. But as I lay in bed, my heart was still racing and I felt like I had just gone through the experience of a lifetime. It was crazy all the adrenaline that was going through me. I couldn't sleep so instead I woke alfie up (this was prob 7:20ish) and showed him my great purchases! Then forced him to take me to breakfast and then per his request, head to marketplace mall to do some shopping. i didn't get to go to bed until like 9pm that night but once i did i slept like a baby!

And that dear friends was my black friday experience! It was so worth it and I would totally do it again! It was the most excitement I have had in a while. :) I will definietly be doing it next year, so if you are up to it, join me!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That was totally like reading a suspense novel. . . I couldn't read fast enough! Great post :)