Friday, December 5, 2008

I guess Im just odd like that!

Confession: Im totally crushing on "More than a feeling" by Boston. Is that possible to crush on a song? Well I am! and as geeky as it sounds i realized i loved this song by hearing it on rock band! yeah I know. go ahead and throw out the loser cough on me. But seriously I think I could listen to it like 20 times in a row (im currently finishing number 3 and starting 4). I don't know what it is about the song...its not really the words cause they are kinda gay, but i think its the vocals and guitar, yes..sweet lord its the guitar! Its one of those songs that you think of when you imagine the ultimate concert. A song like this would be playing, everyone would be rocking out to it and for those 4 mins you are in a completely different place. Confession: i do that alot. and by "that" i mean hear a song i love and imagine the perfect setting for it to be played in. Kind of like my version of a music video! Here are some of my favorites:
**Dj Sammy's version of Heaven is my ultimate club song. Its "scene" would be a very trendy underground club where some lucky girl gets to dance with THE HOTTEST guy she has ever danced with :) but this in't just any club, i mean it is like the beautiful people club and UBER NYC. It is what every 18 year thinks a club is supposed to be like (and not dark, dirty, sticky and smoke-filled like they really are...lol)
**Don't stop Believing by Journey: this would be my bar song. Where you would be totally performing in a bar in like some dive bar band, complete with pink streaked hair and fishnets with cool holes in them. And the lead would not just sing the song, she would be PERFORMING it. And people would be raising glasses and drunk singing. yes thats exactly the setting :)
**American Girl by Tom Petty: This song plays out in my head exactly like the words. It starts with an american girl blonde running away in a convertable car with the top down along an ocean drive and goes through what she does in the lyrics of the song. Although I kinda think on the morbid side with this song, so its like an almost-suicidal-last-minute-decided-not-to kinda thing.
**Sarah Mcglauclin (sp?) The one that goes: "IIIIII feel so alive, this is all I wanna feel tonite..." Well lauren, em and I always laughed and said we would do a video for this one, so it plays out like that. Some girl would be arguing with her man on the phone, crying, begging him not to go and then slam the phone down and whip her head around to stare out the window onto the beach (at night) under a clear star filled sky while tears poured down her face(good one isnt it!)lol

This is really only effective if I haven't seen the video, which is why these are primarily older songs! Once i have seen a video thats what usually plays in my head (hence the reason why MJ isn't on this little list) But that is totally what goes on in my mind when Im listening to my ipod. I can't be crazy, there has gottaaaa be other people out there who do the same. right? If not, then i guess that just makes me way cool for being that creative and original 'eh?!

Happy Friday! and have a great weekend!

No comments: