Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Flashback to my life...

20 years ago I... (1988)

1. would have been starting kindergarten, and just gotten my beloved stuffed kitty named Tinker.

2. Been awaiting Susans birth in the coming months

3. playing barbies with my best friend Kayce

10 years ago I... (1998)

1. would have been wearing jumpers, scrunchies and stockings like it was cool (cause we all know it really wasn't!)

2. woulda been rocking out to Michael W. Smith, Carmen, Point of Grace and other old school christian favorites.

3. not even THINKING about boys or getting my license... I was probably up in my room with Tinker reading a book! :) or playing Barbies with Susan...lol

3 years ago I... (2005)

1. had graduated Roberts Wesleyan (thank God!) and beginning RIT's MBA degree

2. was starting to spend time with what turned out to be my amazing husband (who woulda thought internet romances work?! lol)

3. partied like I was still in college! I definitely couldn't hang with myself from back then now. She could totally drink me under the table!

1 year ago I...(2007)

1. got engaged to Alfie and got a perfectly beautiful diamond ring to prove it! :)

2. accepted my first real job as a financial analyst at Kodak...i guess that makes me an adult now!

3. began thinking about joining weightwatchers to lose weight for the wedding the following year (i did join and ended up losing 16lbs!)

This year I... (2008)

1. purchased a beauuuutiful 2006 Nissan Altima and found out what it is like to drive a nice car!

2. had surgery to remove a very large (12cm) dermoid tumor/cyst on my ovary...pretty much had a c-section but without the benefit of having a snuggly little baby to keep!

3. GOT MARRIED to othe most wonderful man alive! It was a dream wedding and the day went by perfectly!

This month I.... (December)

1. Got to go see the Nutcracker!! My first time ever after wanting to go since I was in fourth grade!

2. will finallllllly join alfie in going to his church's christmas eve service! (this has been 3 years late...wooops)

3. celebrate christmas!!! yay!

Yesterday I...(Dec. 1st)

1. worked during the day...oooo exciting

2. had Zumba class....I LOVE that class! it is the most fun excercising I have ever done. I highly recommend it!

3. was naughty and had mcdonalds for dinner...shame on me!

Today I...(Dec. 2nd)

1. had a doctors apt. to get a better B.C. perscription (now I get to pay $10 a month instead of the $50 raping I was paying before!)

2. am going grocery shopping! I kind of enjoy it, makes me feel very domestic. especially since i don't cook very often!

3. attempted to finish up christmas shopping for my family members. Or atleast narrow down the possible ideas for what to get everyone!

Tomorrow I will... (Dec. 3rd)

1. watch private practice!!! i love that show!

2. be happy that there is no more cardio kickboxing classes left! That teacher was re-dic-u-lous!

3. finish purchasing the gifts for our moms!

In the next year I will... (2009)

1. purchase a bedroom set. Its the last major furniture purchase we need and our bedroom definitely lacks that finished look the rest of the house has!

2. save up for a nice weekend trip for alfie and I. Nothing fancy, just someplace out of rochester that would be fun for us to go to!

3. pray for a roushey niece or nephew :) lol jk lets see how closely christy reads this!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

fun idea--i'm gonna steal it. stay tuned for that posting on my blog :) thanks for the idea!