Friday, December 12, 2008

Merry Christmas: Part Deux

So yes this is an update. Sorry for those of you who are sick of hearing about the dreaded root canal. I figure if this is like i journal then it gets the wonderful task of life documentation. So here we go...

For those of you who have never had one, don't get one. Its not that it was painful though, it was the 1 entire hour of wondering if you are going to feel any pain. They numbed me first (yes! bring on the novacaine) one shot on the outer gum and another shot on the roof of my mouth area close to the tooth. The gum one hurt far more cause they stick ya and then slowly push it in deeper. Then they let you sit for a few short mins to get all numby. And then the drilling begain. This Dr was nice cause he would tell me when I'd feel slight pressure or vibrations and such. The part i didn't like, not cause it hurt, was when they take these mini drill/file thingys and start shaving away at the inner hole he created down the center of my tooth. no joke he like sticks these little things in the whole and starts shaving it with this jabbing motion. At this point I was doing the "dear God don't let me feel any pain" over and over and over. This goes on for about 20-30 mins with different size files to get deeper into the tooth and then he drills a bit more and then its over. Then the dr explained to me that because of my large abcess, when they initially broke through the tooth there was a flood of puss. Because of all the puss they don't want to close the tooth (ie finish the procedure) because the abcess needs to drain. lovely. so i have a tiny hole (you can see it) and they gave me a syringe to flush it out with. I go back the 19th to finish it, so I will be all wonderful for the holidays!

Neat right? Did i mention they are raping me with the cost? Mmmhmm.

No comments: