Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Phase II: 20 in 10

Confession: I am at it again! In it to win it!

Well I’m back on the boat after falling off for a few weeks. (yes, that’s boat not wagon, apparently the saying is "falling off the wagon", not sure where I got "falling off the boat" from, but I’m chalking it up to being Hispanic...we do boats, not wagons) But anyway, I’m back on the healthy-kick boat. Starting NOW. Perfect timing, since my breakfast was a brownie, a snack sized Snickers and snack sized Twix...perfection...PLUS i have a first birthday, a bachelorette and wedding all within the next 3 weeks. BUT that doesn't mean I can't try, right? Let’s call it practicing for the 2 weeks challenge a bunch of coworkers are doing starting Nov 1st in which we can't eat anything specific things: no bread,pasta,rice,sweets,pop or booze. But I figure, its only 2 weeks, I can be good live on coffee only /not eat for 2 weeks! Right? And there isn’t any real prize other than bragging rights, but it would be nice to say i beat everyone, like a stealth, weight loss machine... a dark horse in the competition, since everyone thinks this one chick will win. I have 10 more pounds I would like to lose. 20 if I want to look like a skeleton, whiiiiich I haven't quite ruled out yet.... I wonder if Skeletor would be a good look for me? I think I could rock the flesh and bones, hollowed out cheeks thing really well! Totally kidding people! I can hear the whispers of "she's got issues" from here!! (I’m sane, I promise).

But anyways, where was I? Oh yes, 10 pound goal. Let’s see, I technically have 2 weeks left to try to accomplish my 40 in 40, but I’m about hmm 20 pounds shy, so that’s prettyyyy doubtful (and way unsafe). So let’s deem this PHASE II: 20 in 10! There are 10 weeks left in the year and by 2012, I’d like to be 20lbs lighter (remeber, so i can look like a Skeleton! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Who's with me?! Alrighty now that the goal is out there for all to keep me accountable, I need a plan. Like a "how to achieve the goal" kind of plan. I will use the past 20 pound method, of tracking my food, using my handy dandy notebook phone app: "My fitness tracker", I WILL pick back up with Zumba twice a week starting in November, and I will attempt to start some sort of weight/toning regime. Oh yeah and it would probably help if i stopped stuffing my face with pizza, wings, Chinese food and cookies. Lofty goals?? Not really, I was doing most of them prior to my "summer of slack" but now that the "Fall of Fitness" is upon me (clever, right?!) it’s time to buckle down and DO IT AGAIN…DO IT BETTER! Hopefully there are a few others out there who want in on my "20 in 10" or who want keep me on track and slap my hand when I reach for bad food. Alright, it’s time to do this!! Comment if you want in and we can do it together!:)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I am in! We can do this!

Sara Evanchick said...

Count me in!

Donna D said...

kimi, i had that same "summer of slack", i hope following your post can help me get inspired!!!

Kimi said...

YAY!! Glad you ladies are with me on this! We can sooo shed our extra weight :)

Ajohnson said...

I'm bored at work catching up on blogs- and I'm in to! I've also cut out dairy- jUSt hard to Cut back to much food cause then I dont make milk-so annoying!