Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Baby-versary: A day in the life...

6am: alarm goes off. I hit it and go back to sleep. Snuggle farther into the sheets until...

7am: Oh boy! I now have a few minutes to get myself ready before Colton wakes up and Alfie and I have to rush around to finish getting dressed while doing damage control on a little wanderer who likes to get into EVERYTHING! By now its...

7:30am: and I am tossing a jacket on Colty, grabbing my lunch and making sure I have my glasses and phone before heading to the car to drop Colton off at Abuelita’s.

7:40am: Arrive at 'itas and finally take a few seconds to breathe while mom says good morning to her favorite little man. Miss Lizzy is there too and we all chat and wait for Maddicus to arrive, if she isn’t already there.

7:50am Say my goodbyes to my mister mister and give kisses to him and Madelyn as they hungrily eat their breakfast.

7:51- 8:30am MORNING COMMUTE. Depending on the day and the traffic i take multiple routes to get me out to Rochester Tech Park. Some mornings I jam to secular radio, others I worship to KLOVE or mix cds.

8:30 -4:30pm WORK WORK pinterest WORK WORK facebook WORK WORK; I have the most adorable pictures of Colton at my desk...8 to be exact. It helps the day pass when I can glance to my right and see his little face.

4:40pm: Out the door and headed to the car. I skip lunch and eat at my desk while working, so I can leave those 30 mins earlier. And while i love knowing that when I leave I am heading home, it’s the afternoon commute often feels the longest.

5:15pm: Arrive at Abuelita's and get big smiles from my bubba dukes... and a few growls and smiles from Maddicus! We usually hang around there chatting and playing with the kiddos until about

6pm: which is when we head home to see Daddy! Its pretty sad that someone who carried Colton for 9 months and lived with her face in the toilet for the first 5 doesn’t get even close to the smile that Alfie gets from Colton. I usually make dinner while Colton and Alfie watch tv play. And then sit down to eat by

6:30pm: NOM NOM NOM

7pm: A bit more playing, some book reading, lots of hugs and kisses, and again more playing. Until we start the bed time routine at

7:30 if it is a bath night or

7:45 if no bath. We grab Colty’s pacifier and lovie snuggle blanket and a bottle and cuddle on the couch as he finishes his snack, gets tired and get lots of kisses! Then its off to bed by

8pm: and onto cleaning up for momma! Dishes get done, toys get picked up, and laundry gets folded. Crafts get worked on, shows DVR'd from a prior day get watched and pending parties get planned and organized. And any home projects get worked on too. A little bit of facebooking and a little bit of pinning happens also. And then finally by

10 (or 11pm these days) I head off to bed, to do it all again in a few hours! :)

Nothing special, just a day in the life of us :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This sounds so much like my day on Wednesdays! haha. The dinner and bedtime schedule is pretty much the same.