Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Resolution

Well HAPPY 2009!! This wonderful new years was brought in with a nasty little bitch of a cold. yeah I have officially been sick for a full week. Its the cold that i think everyone and their mother (especially mine) had. Started with a soar throat last monday. Then progressed into a cough, headache, chills, stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing and sinus cold. It was nasty. But I am pleased to say i am just starting to feel better (thanks to $30+ spent on meds and stuff).

Anyways back to the purpose of this post. Ahhhh the ever popular new years resolution. I wasnt even thinking about setting anything for the year until I heard Christys. I thought the catagories were so dead on that I would follow along and pick some. Christy did 3: Something she would try to do more of, something she would give up and something new. So here are going to be my versions of those three:

1. Something I am going to do more of: Devotions (stole from christy). I have a tough time doing devotions everyday. Im not sure why but I don't think I have anything that I do daily other than eat and even that varies on times and whether I get 2 meals or 3. But not being a creature of habit does make this one tough but I am going to really give it a try, even if it means varying up my devotion style to incorporate books or tapes etc.

2. Something I am going to give up: snacking after 7pm. Now this is going to be tough because I enjoy having a snack before bed and laying around watching tv just promotes eating! But i am going to try doing this because it seems to be a large (and growing) problem for me. I figure I can start with this and attempt to do better eating because homegirl will be PISSED if i gain back all that lovely weight i lost for the wedding!

3. Something new I am going to try: spend more time doing things that I REALLY enjoy. Now i know that sounds wayyy easy and probably a bit selfish but really think about how often in a day or week we get to do something that you really truly enjoy? Like i LOVE to read. But lately i havent devoted much time to picking up a book and working through it. Call it laziness or oversight whatever. Or like recently i have begun taking Zumba which I LOVE, maybe this year I will devote another night to it. I enjoy eating healthy. But i often dont do it because its easier to grab something quick from fast food or the pantry. This year I am going to spend time doing more that i enjoy and that is good for me!

So am I (and christy) the only ones to do new years resolutions? Or did anyone else get down to business and set some goals for the year?!

No comments: