Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry Newlywed Christmas!

Confession: We survived our first Christmas! Phew! Those who have been married are totally nodding along with me right now thinking "yeah thats totally a biotch trying to coordinate schedules!" Well after making it semi-painlessly through thanksgiving I was not looking forward to trying to figure out where we were going and when. I was however, SUPER DUPER thankful that both our families were in rochester thus cutting down on any extensive traveling. So we decided Christmas eve this year would be spent with Alfies family and we would exchange gifts then after all attending the Christmas Eve service together. Ok no problem. Then christmas morning would be with just alfie and I and eventually wander over to my parents house (prob around noon) to exchange gifts with them. It actually turned out good. So we spent christmas day with my family doing the "white" thing of laying around enjoying our gifts.Even lauren popped over to hang out with her favorite white family and good ol eddie let her pretend she owned his new beemer! Then that following morning we trekked over to the LoMag household for breakfast (as only LoMags do)we had omlettes (Al totally spoils me and puts mushrooms in them! i love it) and breakfast sandwiches and toast and coffee and more! Its yum. We hung out there with the Briscos and then opened a few more gifts that didnt get exchanged christmas eve. Then Saturday we were back at the White house to spend time with my Aunt Dyann and Uncle Charlie who were in from Colorado and Titi Juni who came in from Binghamton. That night was sooooo much fun! We all had dinner and then laughed and dad and my aunts shared stories of the things they did growing up and the whippings that followed! It was quite obvious that "lil eddie" DEFINITELY could do no wrong!Their stories were great and we had a very fun time! That week flew by too quickly, probably because i was thinking about the schedule and when we had to be where instead of just going with it and doing my thing reguardless of where I was. Its ok, ill eventually get the hang of this multiple family christmas! I am just very blessed to marry into a family that enjoys being together as much as my family does and that they all love me (not that they wouldn't because duhh im awesome.) :) Thankfully the holiday went by wonderfully although FARRRR too quickly. It was a nice start to many more married holidays!!

Fyi - one month til the second most important day of the year...my birthday! WOOP WOOP! Let the countdown begin!

No comments: