Friday, August 26, 2011

Cookies, coffee, and crafting OH MY!

So last night I attended a fun night of coffee and crafting at Bethany’s house. HOLY INSPIRED. No joke. Not only was i inspired to do more crafting (specifically sewing) BUT i was inspired to put up more pictures in my house. HUH? Let me explain. For those who don't know, Bethany is an AMAZING photographer. She helped with my wedding pictures and did my maternity photo shoot (I was GINORMOUS and feeling ugly, and she made the pictures come out far from that!). So I knew her house would have lots of pictures but I didn't realize what an impact that had. Not only is her home gorgeous (very Pottery barn-esque) but the priorities in her life are on clear display! And I.LOVE.IT. It totally that lets you know how important, loved and valued her husband and two boys are to her. I walked into her house thinking "She LOVES her family" and I left thinking "i want visitors to my home to feel the same way", so thanks Bethany for the great inspiration. Now on to printing, framing and hanging pictures of my priorities :)

Anyways, it was such a great night of meeting new people, chatting with current friends, and watching ladies of all ages work on fun crafts! Now my "craft" wasn't so much A craft as it was working MY craft...lol I curled Christy’s hair. Haha. Since I LOVE doing hair this is ALWAYS fun for me and since I don't usually have the time and right atmosphere this was perfect! But I did get my hair curled by Christy AND the chance to try out some Pinterest styles on one of B's good friends. THENNNN to add the caramel syrup to the sundae (not a stupid cherry cause i HATE cherries..gag me. LOVE caramel though) SOhl (I like calling her by her blog name, it’s so clever it makes me chuckle, so in my mind sometimes I refer to her as Sohl...betcha didn't know that 'eh Sarah) brought me my phone case...aka My Phone home...lol or Phone dress or Phone sleeper...No, my PHONE SNUGGIE!! that’s sooo what I’m calling it. Anyway, the snuggie is AWESOME! It made tossing it in my purse and finding my phone SO MUCH easier and a lot less riskier if I drop it. I am lame-o and didn't bring my camera, BUT Bethany had hers so pop over and check it out.

Side note: We were told to come in comfy clothes (you don't have to ask mama twice!) and I did, so pardon the "Jammer" shorts and my sport-tastic E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES shirt. Comfortable was the name of the game, so no judgment, k?

And Sarah made some awesomely easy magnets that I am definitely going to try. Keep checking her blog for the tutorial.

It was funny sitting around the table, looking around and feeling very much like I was back in the "little house on the prairie" days and the ever popular "quilting circles" (although technically my minority status back in the day MAYY have had me watching through the back window instead of sitting at the table). Overall it was a very fun night and I look forward to more coffee and crafting nights in the future!!

2 comments:

bethany said...

LOVED this post!! and no lie, i cried while i read the first paragraph. thank you for such kind words. :)

Sarah said...

Great post! I totally agree with you on being inspired by Bethany and her home. I had a great time! I'm SO GLAD you like your new phone snuggie - perfect name for it! I also like my new nickname :) Thanks for the wonderful and encouraging shout-outs! So glad I got to spend time with you creative gals!