Monday, August 10, 2009

Mr. Ba-donk-a-donk

Question: What determines a date? is it the quantity of people on an outing? is it the intent on secluded time? must both parties determine an outting is a date for it to actually be one? I ask because of a situation (for lack of a better word) that occured a few years ago....

I was interning at Yodak (names have been changed to protect identities...lol) and had a really nice boss: Mr. Ba-donk-a-donk. We got along fine, he was a tad awkward and nerdy but whatever, he did his job and helped me with mine. Wellll Mr. Ba-donk-a-donk, had a sweeeeet BMW convertable and all who know me know I LOVE convertables. Ba-donk-a-donk was also a widower with 3 boys, thus making him single and "ready to mingle". All who have worked at Yodak know that the average age of employees is 45+ and here i am a swaggering 24 year old with giant ta-tas. Anyways, Ba-donk-a-donk thought it would be nice to take me to lunch as a new hire. No biggie, we walked across the street to a restaurant and had lunch. Ok, no prob right? Well halfway through the summer Ba-donk-adonk, myself and a secretary went to a burger place then down to Abbotts by Charlotte and got ice cream to go, we took Ba-donk-a-donks mini van. Again, no biggie. Well then at the end of summer as a goodbye lunch, Ba-donk-a-donk took me out to lunch (no worries since we had gone before). This time he had driven his two person BMW convertable to work so we could take that on our lunch to the Schallers by Charlotte and after a burger and shared fries (yes i know we shared), he suggested ice cream. So we drive down towards the pier and he is showing me the GPS in his car and how snazzy and great the car is. Whatever... So we grab our ice cream and HEEEEEE suggests a walk down the peir while we eat our dessert. Again no biggie to me. So we finally get back to the office and i go home and I share this outting with Christy and she is like "Ummm that was a date!" lol noooo it was NOT a date... even years later, I did not think it qualifies as a date but every time i mention this such outtting Christy brings up how date-like it is, and i guess it could be seen as a date but then again, if a date is only one sided is it truly a date or merely an older man getting jollies out of being seen with a young hot stuff OR was he just being friendly? Would your answer change if i mentioned he tried to kiss me? LOL just kiddding. I added that for dramatic affect. There was NO contact or attempt at contact. Just what i saw was an innocent lunch and ice cream or was it in his eyes a lunch date? I guess i'll never know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That story gets me every time! Wow, good to see you back to blogging again...now you need to corral your faithful readers (if they are still reading your blog) Keep the stories coming!
- Christy

Kimi said...

haha yeah when i was writing it it did seem mildly creepy that it is so date-like! oh well!