Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Favorite Things...

Rain drops on Roses, and whiskers on kittens...
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...
Brown paper packages tied up with string...
These are a few of my favorite things...

WHEN THE DOG BITES, WHEN THE BEE STINGS....

(i always feel like that part MUST be sung)

whooa...sorry got carried away in my S.O.M memory lane (thats Sound of Music for all you musical rookies). I love the Sound of Music... that maria...boy does she make me laugh :P (haha i know all you fans got that joke)

In the spirit of Maria with a little bit of Oprah splashed in (if i was a good blogger i would put the link to the SNL Oprah "Favorite Things" parady, buuuut im not, so i didn't.....but you can go youtube it. cause its hilarious) these are a few (10, ok, more than a few) of my FAHHHAVORIITEE THHHHIIINNNGGSSS.....

- wearing a nice dark pair of sunglasses...the kind with pratcically black lenses, for the sole reason that I can stare at ppl and they never know it!

- getting dressed up to go somewhere (even if its just church on Sundays)...I live for LOVE it!

- Snuggling with Colton. part of the reason he still sleeps with us, is because i can't bear to miss out on his adorable little snuggles all night. its the most precious thing alive. I practically kiss his little cheeks each time i roll over.

- a good hair day. I instantly feel amazing when i know my hair came together exactly as i hoped. Oh and extra points if the stars have aligned and my outfit rocks and my makeup came out flawless.... ahhh perfection!

- laughing with Alfie.... the things that come out of homeboys mouth...gets me all the time! And oooh when he really gets going! I end up just laughing at him laughing. (the other day he laughed so hard he cried, and i watched in SHOCK, as i have never seen alfie cry...it was like a sighting of a rare creature...)

- that moment in the holiday season where you instantly remember that same feelings from past childhood holidays....nostalgic fuzzies...

-the crispness of fall weather. Love me some sweaters,scarves, jackets and boots!

-pizza, wings and beer.... HELLO FOOTBALL SEASON! **id just like to take this minute to brag that i am currently tied for first place in my fantasy football league! Woo Hoo!

-finding a good blog. i love stumbling onto a new blog! its like finding a nugget of gold! Extra love if they are a frequent blogger and have oodles and oodles of posts to browse!

-quiet. there is something special when the house is quiet. When Colton is sleeping and Alfie is out and its just me. I can listen to music, paint my nails, dance around the house, clean, in blissfull quiet.

How about you?? in the spirit of the holiday season, what are 10 of your favorite things???

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awww, this made me smile! Here's my contribution... not quite a "favorite things" but some things I'm thankful for. http://sojourningsojas.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/thank-you-for-life/

PS How do you solve a problem like Maria? ;)