Thursday, June 16, 2011

Do- Re- Me....

Confession: I am Beyonce... in the car

I know who isn't, right? But i would say my car singing turns into a mild performance up there with the best, like Lady Gaga (minus the drag-queen costumes)....complete with shoulder bobbing, head swiveling, hand tossing and intense focus on the road....duh cause i carry precious cargo, momma can't be rockin to hard into distraction! But i would say that my car-eoke performance (haha yeah just swapped Kar for Car...clever) would provide a great scene for those driving by. I know i love to see someone enjoying a good song as they pass. And come on when I'm in the car for 30 mins each way every day, i might as well find music that entertains me and wakes me up! Who is with me?? My recent song list has been a mix CD (yeah remember those) make by one of my besties, Lauren. Its her 80's mix and it starts it off with 3 of my all time "get me on the dance floor, Momma's had one too many beers" favorites: Push It (by Salt n Peppa... you think they are good you should hear Lor, Me and Em's rendition...far superior...used to be my ring tone...lol ), Living on a Prayer (by Hotty with a body (Jon) Bon Jovi) and Don't Stop Believing( by Journey). Repeat, and Repeat and skip ahead to "Pour some Sugar on Me" (AC DC...i think) skip again to "Take on Me". Makes for one VERY entertaining ride. Although i am sure no one is surprised. I mean as we all know, i LOVE to dance and i LOVE old school and pop music (anything with a beat) plus the fact that i have a mini ho-bag/stripper living inside me (which accounts for the quality of my moves....so there it is not my fault). Anyways, i am sure i am not alone out there, does anyone else rock a move while driving? Or add their own harmony/runs/ad-libs to their driving? I know Colton likes when I sing (likes even more if i dance...he usually laughs though so i take it as him saying "Momma ooo you soooo goood" not "Please. Mom. stop. You're awful" I only usually do my sing/dance thing in the car when I'm alone. I try to contain myself for Alfie. I like to keep things mysterious for him...ya know keep the honeymoon period lasting...lol Ill break this confession out in a year or so... make him feel like he is "still learning new things about me everyday" Anyways, next time a hot tune (O.M.G by Usher works well, or Judas by Gaga, which i mildly feel weird about liking after watching the video) channel your inner Kimi (or Beyonce) and belt those words out..or if you are like Christy and Lauren (and never know the words) make up your own!!!

Happy Singing :)

4 comments:

Leigh said...

lol... this reminds me of me and darlene jamming strong to a number of awesome christian jam songs. dancing so hard we shook the car... i know... not safe at all... but fun for sure! I would love to rock out with ya kimi! of course with restrained abandon if the precious cargo is in the car. But 2 things.... def not ac/dc..... def leopard.... and i was shocked not one mj mentioned .. otherwise, yeah, don't even know some of those songs but i am sure we could find some jointly known... of course we could go back to the famous dining room chair dance(sounds way more stipper than that should) to carmen played loud!! or the jump of the piano bench to Jesus freak!! But that was pre-kimi so we will have to teach you those... haha...

Kimi said...

haha, sounds good! Thanks for the musical correction. i shoulda known it was Def Leopard :)Mj is my more sing songy songs... i have a thing about dancing to Mj...i generally dont...outta respect kinda thing...lol.
And for any riggorous dancing ill have to remember to bring a sports bra...

Anonymous said...

Oooooohh ma goodness. I've never read any of these blogs before and let me say, I'm glad I did. I ALWAYS rock out in the car. People probably think im nuts but I dont really care. I love pretending I have an amazing susper star beyonce voice. But where else are you supposed to let it all out?? In the shower? and kill your roommates?? And just for the record, Dont Stop Believin is one of my all time favs to rock out to :)

Lor said...

haha I was totally beating the beat last night in the car and thought to myself "what the heck do I look like to others?!". of course I kept rocking out!