Friday, October 15, 2010

The home stretch...

Confession: Colton could come anyday now! How cool is that?!

Its weird/fascinating/amazing that within my body is a little baby. A boy who will eventually grow up, and have his own life, his own likes or dislikes, who will at times try my patience, call me mommy and give me hugs. But for now is snuggled within me,with legs in my ribs and little hands punching my overies (or so it feels like) It really makes you think, "how can people NOT believe in God" When you think about how intracate, precise and complex the body is, its hard to believe that someone/something other than a loving God, could knit us together so wonderfully.

Well Colton, all we now need is you to arrive. The bedding is done (thanks to Mamsita's hard work) the crib is set up and the dresser is getting full of tiny little outfits lovingly picked with him in mind. And soon this awful thing called pregnancy will be over! PRAISE THE LORD! Talk about a time when the end more than justifies the means, or atleast in my case it did. I envy those women with easy pregnancy and NO a hard labor does not equate to a hard pregnancy. 9months is not equal to 24,48,64hrs of labor (unless of course you had a c-section, then that trumps it...lol)

I am not sure why but i am oddly fascinated by labor stories. I thrive on being prepared and knowing possible outcomes, part of which is why i had a hard time emotionally with this pregnancy. I didnt know it could be that bad. So with labor, i fully expect it to be awful but knowing in a "few" hours my little Colty with be there makes it all bearable. I can endure HOURS of torture for him right? I will admit though that i have a mild fear of getting an episeotamy, or a giant tear. But i am not nervous about the pushing or the pain and i try my best to practice my breathing and relaxing techniques when i am uncomfortable. And i have a great support system coming into it with me: Alfie, Mom and Susan, and i have already given myself the okay for this limited time to cuss up a storm if it helps! lol (and i warned mom)

The biggest mystery will be what he looks like. Will he have crazy curly hair or will it be straight like alfies? blonde or brunette? blue eyes or black (mine are crazy dark brown so i call them black)? light skinned or mocha? The count down is here (18 days) and i am anxiously awating being able to post the "im in labor" status on FB and sending the "im in labor"text to friends and most importantly the "Im in labor" phone call to our parents and siblings. But beyond being anxious, I am HAPPILY awaiting the new addition to love and cuddle, hug and have as my little mommas boy :) 18 days... thats 432 hrs...thats so close. And i for one can not wait!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So exciting!!! I hope I'm on the text list. Praying for you! :)