Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I’ll show you what’s up!


Confession: I think I am tough.

Like mad tough…yo… But apparently I am the only person to think that! Alfie and I were having a conversation a few weeks ago, and somehow got on the topic of fights…. Like fist fights… Oh that’s right, I had a dream he was beating up his brother Tommy (random dream) so I asked him if he thought he would beat Tommy, and he looked at me with the “Duh, of course” expression (but then when on about they would never be in a physical fight, so why are you asking…lol gee just humor me would ya?!). So then we kept talking about him being scrappy (lol) and fighting. Me, being a typical female (who compares themselves to just about everyone), asked the question (clearly starting with someone I thought for sure would be an easy win): “If I was fighting Christy, who do you think would win?” Alfie:”Christy”; Me: “W.T.F?!?! I’d totally beat her” (I mean come on, home girl can’t do a pushup, but now Alfie thinks SHE could take me in a fight?!?! Appalling! haha) So of course I then asked about Susan… Nope, Susan had me beat too (busted knees and everything… but I kinda figured that, she seems like she could take me out.) Lor?? We both chuckled at that for I KNEW she could kick my arse. How about Cassie? Hmm, again a no-go Alfie’s money was on Cassie (he thought her and Dave “rough housed” ...bow chicka wow wow…lol, but I think he said it would be more hair pulling and slapping….gee might as well throw in some pillow fighting there buck-o). And the list went on, pretty much with the only person I would beat would be Mom. REALLY? MY MOTHER? Come on! There is something wrong when the only person you could beat is someone 25+ years older than you. He clearly has not seen my skillz. Especially my cardio kickboxing skillz. I got that Boom Boom POW and some speedy jab, jab, punches complete with bobbing, weaving and full body momentum. Momma can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee! THAT’S RIGHT! Haha. No no no, apparently I am easily beatable! Lol maybe I need to start doing “bro punches” into his arm so he can rethink my non-fighting ability.

Well I’m chalking up my poor win predictions to my kind, gentle, biblical spirit and Christ-like attitude….(LOL totally kidding). Alfie just knows me too well! Well enough to know, I am a lover (hey-o) not a fighter!

No comments: